Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's been a fun trip!

Wow! Where does the time go? It seems like just last week I was writing about the spring time and how I was looking forward to the warm summer months. Well summer has come and almost gone.

These past few months I have been interning at Odney Advertising and loving it! I started in the Minot office, but this summer I transferred down to work full time in Bismarck. I am doing pretty much the same thing I do at college only they are paying me :) I have heard people say "I don't work at my job, I enjoy what I do." I didn't really think it was possible.. but I enjoyed every minute "working" this summer.

Some of my duties were to travel to Minot every Wednesday and take pictures for the website www.minotbroadway.com. My co-worker Emily and I keep the website maintained and up-to-date. I also got the chance to show off my writing skills by writing a couple letter to the editors for different clients, also I did some writing for the North Dakota Tourism Department. Being the low man on the totem pole I was also assigned various tasks that no one else wanted, which was fine.

My first major job experience was a complete success. I've done a lot a important work this summer, learned a lot new information and most importantly worked extremely well with my co-workers and met a lot of really knowledgeable and fun people.

It will be hard leaving the good friends I have gotten to know in Bismarck, but I will be back with more stories and adventures. My awesome PR department (3 women) has taken it upon them selves to live vicariously through me. I keep them updated on my female situation and other various topics.

Yes, it has been a fun summer down in the Man/Bis area, but now I am going back to Minot. Where it all began. I will be starting my junior year of college and I will still be working at part-time out of the Minot office.

4 comments:

randymeiss said...

Nice to have you update the blog. But I'm still dying to hear the Easter blind date story. Where is it DVD?

Steve at Random said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve at Random said...

DVD - It was nice to find out your fingers weren't broken by a mafia hit man as we hadn't seen a post from you for a while. However, might I remind you that just because you have returned to college does not mean that summer is over. According to the calendar, summer doesn't end until September 22. If you need further explanation, check out steveatrandom.blogspot.com.

Kramer said...

DVD it has been great having you on our team.....glad to see you are enjoying your internship!