Sunday, January 11, 2009

They put this on TV?

Bromance, Big Brother 1-11, The Real World, Survivor are just a few of the prime time shows now being showed in prime time on network television. For some of my followers they may not know what some of these shows are about. I went to http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/bromance/series.jhtml to see what they about their "hit" show and it said "bromance is an intense brotherly bond that makes two buddies become virtually inseparable...the pool of potential bros gets smaller as Brody Jenner kicks sub par compadres to the curb one by one. It sure is hard to find the right guy! But when he does find that special someone to join his inner circle, it's destined to be true bromance." That sounds pretty sketchy to me. If you put a camera in front of a turd and give it false hope it may become relevant.. it is still a turd.

It blows my mind that people would willingly put their pride and self confidence on display for the whole world to critique. What happens if one of these guys who is already having troubles is the first to get kicked off of bromance? That would be a tough pill to swallow. He can't even be the best friend of a C-List celebrity.

Another ridiculous, short lived show was Hole in the Wall. This is when a wall with a cut out figure comes barreling towards the contestant and they need to get through it. If not they lose and fall in a pool of water. Really? The shows intro said it is a big hit in China. I think fox officials should leave Chinese television over seas and bring King of the Hill back.

There are some decent programs on now, 30 Rock, Lost and The Office and are few that come to my mind. My heart still urns for another Seinfeld, King of the Hill and Family Matters.

If it wasn't for sports and the occasional re-run of The King of Queens I would need to find another way to find another way to relax and have a few laughs after a long day.

3 comments:

Steve at Random said...

Okay Bro, I thought I landed on something funny last week when I turned on "Howie do it" featuring Howie Mandel in kind of an updated "Candid Camera" show. But it wasn't long before I changed channels as the show went from funny, to gross, to salacious. Again, I'm sticking to sports if I want drama. I'm still reminded of Grandma Anderson shaking her finger at the Dean Martin Show in the late '60s and saying that someone could take her TV set out with the trash. What would she think if saw what on it now.

Lisa Grace said...

First of all, I would second your motion to bring back King of the Hill. A personal fav of mine. Second, it's amazing what people will do to get on television. I've been embarassed for the people who have done anything to get camera time. My question -- does your mother know you do that?!?

Jake Thomas said...

Good thing Frasier will always be there to offer some good old entertainment.